I know when we talk about slavery, we Americans generally equate it with black people being shipped in boats to American shores to do the laborious jobs that whites didn't want to do on plantations and households.
But that is only the tip of the iceberg. Slavery has existed as long as humans have been alive, in one form or another, simply because humans allow it to exist, whether through fear, monetary insecurity, etc. Which brings me to today's form of slavery.
Pure capitalism has created a tier system, whereby the moneyed group controls the less privileged through monetary inequality. Today, we are economic slaves. I would estimate that probably 20% of our population is comfortable financially, leaving 80% to fend for themselves in any way they can. That usually means at least 2 jobs, 2 people, at low wages, neglecting your children, simply trying to exist. Trying not to die from the inability to find proper healthcare, trying not to die for lack of medications, trying not to die because you are living on the streets, trying not to die from lack of food.
Yet a good percentage of you continue to believe that Republicans have your best interests at heart and you continue to elect them. When will you put aside your ridiculous fears of losing your white supremacy and learn to love thy neighbor, regardless of what nationality or color of their skin or their facial features. They bleed red just like you, they have exactly the same fears you have.
As for 45 supporters, I will never understand you, I will never agree with you , because you are tied into the same slavery mechanism as everyone else. You worry that someone else may have more than you and how did they get it. It must have been given to them by the government, but not to me.
The wealthy don't care about you, recognize that. The country is now in the control of the billionaires and they will keep you as far down as they can, because if you wised up and used your power, you would be a danger to their status in life. You would realize you have the power, you just won't use it against them for fear of rocking your own boat.
That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!
May peace be with you and may you rise up against the tyranny that is taking over the world once again before we are all dead, like the Kurds.